POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 May 2010 02:39:29
Message: <4be26421$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 May 2010 18:33:46 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> On the other hand, the ideological reasons many have for keeping it are
> as bad, or worse. There was even some clown a while back teaching
> "diversity" at colleges, who had the gall to claim that you couldn't
> expect Black people to be on time, because there was something inherent
> in the "race" that made them always late, so you had to "work around"
> this issue, if you wanted to properly deal with and implement
> "diversity". He was a) also black, and b) completely serious about it,
> and had a whole host of other "traits" he tried to claim other people
> have, based on their race, and you had to adjust schedules, rules,
> policies, etc., not to be inclusive of different ideas (what most people
> call "diversity" in businesses, and which can sometimes be just as
> stupid), but different "races".
>
> As far as I know, the bozo is still wandering around the country side
> babbling this BS at colleges.

It sounds like this bozo may be projecting cultural norms on an ethnic
group.  For example, I note that often when I schedule an appointment
with people in some countries in Africa (I have no idea what the person's
race is because I don't speak on the phone with them, see them, or
communicate in any way other than e-mail and chat typically), they may
arrive at the online session as much as an hour late.  But I think that
is largely a cultural thing, due to poor transportation infrastructure or
other similar reasons that are environmental.

I guess what I may be trying to say is that this bozo has reasons for
thinking what he does, but he's applying poor logic and attributing
racial reasons rather than cultural or other environmental factors.

Jim