POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 May 2010 21:33:46
Message: <4be21c7a$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/5/2010 10:15 AM, Warp wrote:
>    Many so-called "multiculturalists" are calling for getting rid of the
> whole concept of "race", but this is purely for political and ideological
> reasons, not scientifical ones. Personally I see this as some kind of
> attempt at orwellian manipulation (like in the novel "1984"): If you
> completely ban offending vocabulary, the "criminals" (in this case racists)
> won't have any way of expressing their views.
>
>    Some anthropologists might have genuine and well-argumented scientifical
> reasons why they are advocating getting rid of the concept, but AFAIK they
> are a minority. I'm convinced that most people who do that are doing it for
> ideological reasons only.

On the other hand, the ideological reasons many have for keeping it are
as bad, or worse. There was even some clown a while back teaching
"diversity" at colleges, who had the gall to claim that you couldn't
expect Black people to be on time, because there was something inherent
in the "race" that made them always late, so you had to "work around"
this issue, if you wanted to properly deal with and implement
"diversity". He was a) also black, and b) completely serious about it,
and had a whole host of other "traits" he tried to claim other people
have, based on their race, and you had to adjust schedules, rules,
policies, etc., not to be inclusive of different ideas (what most people
call "diversity" in businesses, and which can sometimes be just as
stupid), but different "races".

As far as I know, the bozo is still wandering around the country side
babbling this BS at colleges.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {