POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 5 May 2010 15:04:40
Message: <4be1c148@news.povray.org>
> Having a profile is unnecessary if you have other clues.

  I am curious about one thing: Why do you seem to have such a huge aversion
against profiling? You have insisted again and again that profiling, any
kind of profiling, is useless and unnecessary to catch criminals. (Or at
least that's how I understand your posts, as you don't talk exclusively
about racial profiling, but about other types of profiling as well, such
as one based on gender.)

  This is rather odd given that criminal profiling is an important tool of
investigation especially in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offender_profiling

  If profiling is so unnecessary, why is it used nevertheless?

  Maybe you are talking about something else than profiling?

--
                                                          - Warp