POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Darren New
Date: 5 May 2010 14:21:16
Message: <4be1b71c$1@news.povray.org>
I just got PSP X2 working again.

What is with these companies?  PSP8 had a perfectly good mechanism for
browsing pictures. You opened the browser, you navigated to the directory
with the pictures, it generated and saved the thumbnails in that directory,
and you could work with a directory full of photos.

PSP X2, you open the paint program the first time, and it locks up for an
hour going around thumbnailing every photo on your entire system, into its
own little hidden directory, including all the pictures you will never want
to work on with this program, and it doesn't stop when you close the
program, and it's too unresponsive to even tell it to stop. And I really
don't even want ten thousand extra thumbnails on my disk. I now have three
progams that generate thumbnails for every photo I look at, and at least one
that generates thumbnails for every photo I don't look at as well. *And* the
photos already all have thumbnails in them!

Plus, really, I don't need a program running all the time just in case I
stick a memory chip in that has photos on it.  And anyway that's already
built into Windows, so why are you ruining that feature by giving your own
half-assed implementation?

</rant>

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)