POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 May 2010 11:23:03
Message: <4be18d57$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 May 2010 09:53:59 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> Hell, *my* 3 MP camera would never, ever take a picture like that, no
>>> matter how perfect the lighting or how close up you were. The sensor
>>> just isn't of high enough quality.
>>
>> If it was bright enough and you were a metre or two away from the
>> action then even a cheap consumer digital camera should give a pretty
>> decent image:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/visithra/321853035/
>>
>> That one was taken with a Canon A620.
>
> Well, try this:
>
> http://www.orphi.me.uk/rev1/04-Photos/2007-04-14/DSCF0064.html
>
> That's probably a metre or two away, it's a dazzlingly bright June
> afternoon, and the image sucks. It's flat and utterly devoid of colour.

It's not a function of the sensor, look what a couple seconds of
postprocessing in GIMP shows.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/7b757979306284

I increased the colour saturation and adjusted the brightness/contrast a
little.  Took < 10 seconds to do.

> http://www.orphi.me.uk/rev1/04-Photos/2007-04-14/DSCF0011.html

http://www.imagebam.com/image/24509579306856

Almost the same adjustments on this one.

> There's no way my camera would ever capture the lush colours and sharp
> edges of the images you show.

Well, I'd disagree.

Jim