POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 changes to file gamma? : Re: Beta 37 changes to file gamma? Server Time
6 May 2024 04:58:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 changes to file gamma?
From: clipka
Date: 5 May 2010 07:51:11
Message: <4be15baf$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.05.2010 20:25, schrieb JJ:

> I have the same problems with PovRay 3.7 beta 37.
> Previous beta version was OK for me : 3.7 beta 36. But for installation of beta
> 37 it was need to uninstall beta 36... Now all pictures are white...
> I tried with this ini seetings:
> ; Persistence Of Vision raytracer version 3.5 sample file.
> File_Gamma = 0.980
> Display_Gamma = 0.980
> Antialias=On
> Sampling_Method=1
> Antialias_Threshold=0.1
> Antialias_Depth=4
> Input_File_Name=name.pov
> Output_Alpha=off
> Output_File_Type=N   ;; S= bmp, T=uncompressed tga&   N png output
> +w800
> +h600
>
> ;+w3200
> ;+h2400
> Cyclic_Animation=off
> Pause_when_Done=on

Are you sure these are the same settings that you used with beta.36?

To be frank, I can't imagine you used PNG output when working with
beta.36 - because with PNG files, it doesn't matter what encoding gamma
(derived from File_Gamma) is used: They will only seem to match the
render preview if you set the proper Display_Gamma for your system
(provided the image viewer does a proper job).

Anyway, a beta.37a is just about to be released that will restore
beta.36 gamma behavior.