POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 5 May 2010 07:43:28
Message: <4be159e0@news.povray.org>
> On Tue, 04 May 2010 15:00:34 -0400, Warp wrote:

> > Where did you conjure this "stupidity" thing
> >   all
> > of a sudden?

> You imply it when you say "I've explained it over and over again and I'm
> not going to continue to repeat myself".  The undertone there is "if
> you're too stupid to understand it, I'm not going to try any more".

  I have not implied any such thing. Any such "undertone" you are seeing
is purely your own invention. I have never written anything with that kind
of mindset.

  When I wrote that I wouldn't bother explaining the same things again,
I was simply implying that I'm tired of doing so again and again, as the
conversation is going in circles. "Stupidity" had absolutely nothing to
do with any of this.

  (Well, I didn't actually keep my promise. I succumbed into trying to
explain it, once again, to Darren in a previous post I made today. Let's
see if it helps this time. If not, then I suppose this is hopeless.)

> When I engage in these conversations with you, Warp, it's never ever ever
> ever EVER with the intention of "twisting your words".  It's with the
> intention of trying to understand what you're saying.

  I understand it if someone misinterprets something I say. What I don't
understand is why they keep misinterpreting it even *after* I say that
they misinterpreted it.

> Instead of trying to explain, you then get all defensive and blame
> everyone else.

  But I have tried to explain. However, the conversation nevertheless
goes in circles.

--
                                                          - Warp