POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Invisible
Date: 5 May 2010 04:53:59
Message: <4be13227$1@news.povray.org>
>> Hell, *my* 3 MP camera would never, ever take a picture like that, no
>> matter how perfect the lighting or how close up you were. The sensor
>> just isn't of high enough quality.
>
> If it was bright enough and you were a metre or two away from the action
> then even a cheap consumer digital camera should give a pretty decent
> image:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/visithra/321853035/
>
> That one was taken with a Canon A620.

Well, try this:

http://www.orphi.me.uk/rev1/04-Photos/2007-04-14/DSCF0064.html

That's probably a metre or two away, it's a dazzlingly bright June
afternoon, and the image sucks. It's flat and utterly devoid of colour.

http://www.orphi.me.uk/rev1/04-Photos/2007-04-14/DSCF0011.html

Similar deal. No contrast anywhere, half the frame is bleached white,
and it doesn't even appear to be properly in focus in places.

These images are scaled down; usually the full-res image is horribly
grainy too. (Because, let's face it, usually it *isn't* a dazzlingly
bright June afternoon, and my camera is supremely insensitive to light.
If it's not blinding sunshine, it wants to use the flash...)

There's no way my camera would ever capture the lush colours and sharp
edges of the images you show.