POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: scott
Date: 5 May 2010 04:41:03
Message: <4be12f1f$1@news.povray.org>
> Heh. And perhaps you remember me remarking at the time that you can
> apparently buy a £200 Nikon D40 (?) and attach a £7,000 telephoto lense to
> it - as if you'd want to. ;-)

A friend of mine borrowed a 7K (or similar) telephoto lens to put on his old
Canon 300D body when he went to watch an air show.  The photos are
absolutely stunning, and I don't think if he had used a more expensive body
the photos would have been *much* better (but on the other hand, without the
big lens they would have been rubbish).

If you want to take action photos of things from far away under dodgy light,
then even the cheapest dSLR body will be fine, just get the biggest lens you
can afford.