POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: scott
Date: 5 May 2010 04:32:44
Message: <4be12d2c$1@news.povray.org>
>> That is under 2 MP yet you would absolutely need a multi-thousand pound
>> lens to get that shot (purely because flood lights are not that bright
>> compared to daylight, and when you're zoomed in that much on action you
>> need a *really* fast shutter speed to avoid motion blur).
>
> Hell, *my* 3 MP camera would never, ever take a picture like that, no
> matter how perfect the lighting or how close up you were. The sensor just
> isn't of high enough quality.

If it was bright enough and you were a metre or two away from the action
then even a cheap consumer digital camera should give a pretty decent image:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/visithra/321853035/

That one was taken with a Canon A620.

The most obvious difference to the pro photo is that the background doesn't
get blurred (due to the small sensor size and low focal length).

And of course you can't always stand 2 metres from the action and ask for
daylight :-)