POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Invisible
Date: 5 May 2010 04:09:59
Message: <4be127d7$1@news.povray.org>
>>> How much did you think it was?
>> ebuyer.com, Adobe Creative Suite 4, Complete Package, Windows: £1,502.62
>
> That's what happens if you don't shop around - you end up paying a
> ridiculous price for a product. ;-)

No, I'm pretty sure that's what it actually costs.

OK, let's try Insight. (Sure, they're not the cheapest people around...)

Adobe Photoshop CS4: £587
Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection: £2,420
Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium: £1,815

I'm not making these numbers up!

(Photoshop Elements, however, is only £60 - which matches other prices
I've seen around.)

>> If that doesn't make you feel slightly dizzy, I don't know what will...
>
> I know I'd feel kinda dumb if I paid that much for it knowing that I
> could get it for £361.58.

I cannot believe it's the same product. Not for 1/3rd of the price. It
can't be.

Then again, you said you got the price from a US website? Last time I
checked [back when £1 = $2], Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional was £400 in
the UK and $400 in the US. (IOW, the UK version was 2x the price.) I
don't know if that's still the case...