POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 May 2010 14:05:19
Message: <4be061df$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 May 2010 09:07:22 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> I thought it was a lot more than that. Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of the
>>> whole "creative suite" rather than just Photoshop.
>>
>> That was the pricing on Creative Suite 4.  Photoshop on its own is less
>> expensive - I figured you were thinking of the most expensive option,
>> so that's what I looked for (the most expensive version of Photoshop I
>> could find).
>>
>> How much did you think it was?
>
> ebuyer.com, Adobe Creative Suite 4, Complete Package, Windows: £1,502.62

That's what happens if you don't shop around - you end up paying a
ridiculous price for a product. ;-)

> If that doesn't make you feel slightly dizzy, I don't know what will...

I know I'd feel kinda dumb if I paid that much for it knowing that I
could get it for £361.58.

> (Weirdly enough, I can't seem to see a price for just Photoshop by
> itself, only Photoshop Elements is listed - or student versions, which
> obviously has totally different pricing.)

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

>>> Fortunately, unless you run a server, you don't need this product. (In
>>> other words, your employer is going to pay for it, not you.)
>>
>> That's frequently the case for users of Adobe Photoshop as well -
>> especially CS:  The people who tend to use it are the pros, not the
>> hobbiest user.
>
> Well, yeah, there is that. It's not the package I'd choose to go out and
> buy. Then again, Mike apparently did...

Well, yeah, I have PhotoShop Elements, but it doesn't really run well
under WINE.  I prefer the GIMP anyways.

Jim