POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 4 May 2010 12:17:44
Message: <4be048a8$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/4/2010 5:43 AM, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> And lo On Tue, 04 May 2010 11:35:47 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
> spake thusly:
>
>> What *does* annoy me is software which is both expensive *and*
>> defective...
>
> and on that note I just flicked to a webcomic in which the author states
> it was the first time he'd done one entirely with CS5 and it crashed
> five times.

Yeah... I'm expecting an update soon. It appears to hemorrhage memory
like mad. Though it hasn't crashed. I sat down the other morning to a
very angry Windows 7 complaining that Photoshop needed to be closed to
free some memory.

I popped over to process explorer and took a look: Private Bytes: 11
Gig...

so, now I restart it occasionally while working with it. ;)

I will say with regard to hobby that Photoshop and Visual studio are
probably used pretty frequently by serious hobbyists in their respective
fields.

--
~Mike