POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop CS5 : Re: Photoshop CS5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop CS5
From: Invisible
Date: 4 May 2010 06:28:38
Message: <4bdff6d6$1@news.povray.org>
>> ebuyer.com, Adobe Creative Suite 4, Complete Package, Windows: £1,502.62
>>
>> If that doesn't make you feel slightly dizzy, I don't know what will...
>
> Ah, that's almost affordable...
>
> MS Visual Studio 2010:
> about 1400 € for the "Professional" (= smallest!) ed.
> about 3150 € for the "Premium" ed.
> about 6650 € for the "Ultimate" ed.

Weeeeell, if you want to look at it like that...

Oracle DB, basic edition: ~£8,000
Oracle DB, enterprise edition: ~£80,000

That's without any of the options (clustering, load balancing, advanced
analytics, etc.)

Still, if you actually need the enterprise edition, £80k is peanuts to
you...

(If, on the other hand, you have no idea what the difference is and you
only bought EE because it sounds more "enterprisey", then you deserve
everything that comes to you!)