POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 May 2010 18:34:14
Message: <4bdf4f66@news.povray.org>
On 5/3/2010 12:35 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 03 May 2010 00:49:20 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>>> The law goes further, though, by making it possible for people to sue
>>> law enforcement for *not* enforcing the law - so if someone thinks
>>> their neighbor is an illegal and calls the police, and the police do
>>> nothing about it, then the neighbor can sue the state for failing to
>>> take action (so I understand).
>>>
>>> Jim
>> Yeah. One person put it like this: "Damned if you do, damned if you
>> don't, so you are just damned 'period'."
>
> Yep.  And a cop of Hispanic descent in Tucson has actually filed a
> lawsuit over this now.
>
> Jim
Well, as the same person explained it, when he said he was **not** going
to enforce the law, was, "Before this, if we found someone we felt was
likely to be illegal, we handed them over to the border patrol (I assume
this means the Mexican one), now they want me to put them in jail, waste
tax payers money figuring out if we need to do something *then* turn
them over to the same people. And, if I don't, I can be sued?"

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {