POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 May 2010 16:48:16
Message: <4bdf3690$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 May 2010 13:45:03 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Unless of course the problem is caused by contamination of the crime
>> scene, planting of DNA evidence,
>
> Both of which are made much harder if you don't have the suspect's DNA
> before you examine the crime scene, note. :-)

Yup.  Sadly there are people who work in law enforcement who are more
interested in "catching someone and locking them up" than "catching the
right person and ensuring they can't commit another crime".  Good thing
that is the minority of cops.

>> or contamination of the evidence after it's collected.
>
> Yes, that too, but that's going to be a problem with most any kind of
> evidence.

Very true.  Here in Salt Lake City, the evidence room in the public
safety building is subject to flooding.  The office is far too small for
the number of people occupying it.  They have problems with this (I
understand) on a fairly regular basis.

Good thing the bond measure was approved for them to build a new office
building. :-)

Jim