POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Darren New
Date: 3 May 2010 13:35:44
Message: <4bdf0970@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   That may be so, but it doesn't invalidate what I said. I said "*if* the
> distinguishing feature happens to be ethnicity". I didn't claim it *is*.
> Try to finally get your thick skull out of the "Arizona law" thing and read
> what I'm writing.

OK. Why would you even use ethnicity as an example, and reject or ignore
other examples?

And why would you argue against the *best* example of distinguishing
feature, which happens to be probable cause?

That's why I'm confused.

And, in this instance, "racism" isn't necessarily a bad word. It's just
using someone's race to target them for presumtions about the likelihood
they'll behave in a certain way.

>> I'm confused. The only distinguishing feature you have mentioned in this
>> is called "outrageous", and we're talking about how to catch criminals.
>
>   What the fuck are you talking about?

Sorry. You said "outlandish", not "outrageous."

>   And where have I use the word "outrageous", and what does it have to
> do with anything?

I quote:  (You posted at 4:58 by my clock, to help you find it.)

 > > And you still didn't answer whether you'd agree that it might be more
 > > efficient to target people in churches than people who look central
 > > american. :-)

 >  I found it so incoherent and outlandish that I didn't know what to say.
 > Maybe that's what you were after.

Why did you say that targeting people in churches is outlandish and
incoherent even if most illegals are christian, while it's perfectly
reasonable to target ethnicities if most illegals are of a particular ethnicity?

If you had said "Yes, that's another excellent example", then I'd say "OK,
he's talking a particular example when he says how they look." But you seem
to be thinking that targeting how people look is a good idea for efficiency
and targeting how people worship is a bad idea for efficiency.

Again, if we've miscommunicated, then that's fine.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)