POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 3 May 2010 12:53:09
Message: <4bdeff75@news.povray.org>
> Well, when you say "we should test people who look like illegal immigrants
> look", then that's pretty much the textbook definition of racist.

  Except that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that concentrating resources
on statistically more probable people is going to give a better success rate
than spreading the resources evenly on everybody. If the distinguishing
feature happens to be ethnicity, that doesn't change anything. You can call
it "racism" if you want. I am not prejudiced against any group of people
based on their ethnicity, nor am I claiming that some ethnicities are more
likely to be criminals than others, so I don't really appreciate the
insinuation.

> You're
> saying "we should act as if those with the same genetics as criminals are
> more likely to also be criminals" is racist.  I don't know any other word
> for it, especially when you're claiming that genetics is a factor, but not
> religion or shopping habits or anything like that.

  Now you are outright insulting me. Nowhere have I said that.

--
                                                          - Warp