POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A problem: about the image shape of the output. : Re: A problem: about the image shape of the output. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A problem: about the image shape of the output.
From: Alain
Date: 3 May 2010 12:48:23
Message: <4bdefe57$1@news.povray.org>

> "jhu"<nomail@nomail>  wrote:
>> Or put a hollowed out black cylinder in front of the camera
>
> Your method seems to can do. Could you elaborate it? Sorry I am a new user:)
> Thanks!

Try this:

union{
camera{location 0 look_at z}
cylinder{0, 10*z, 3 pigment{rgb 0} open}
rotate Some_Direction
translate Some_location
}

This create a camera identical to the default one, and link it with a
cylinder with an union. This enable you to rotate and move both toggether.
The open keyword removes the ends of the cylinder.
Lastly, you use rotate and translate to orient and locate the camera as
you want to.
If you want an elliptical opening, just unevenly scale the cylinder:
cylinder{0, 10*z pigment{rgb 0} open scale<4/3,1,1>}

You can also try with the fisheye camera. That camera will render a
circular image, if the hight and width are the same.

Alain