POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spectrum : Re: Spectrum Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectrum
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 3 May 2010 08:29:34
Message: <4bdec1ae$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/30/2010 10:52 AM, Darren New wrote:

> Closer to 10Hz. Between 10Hz and 20Hz, you detect sufficiently loud
> sound with different organs, such as your eyeballs vibrating or your
> sinuses resonating. If you play a tone in that range, you get the
> "spooky" feeling, or unaccountably sad, or mystical feelings, or things
> like that, depending on the frequency.

I know with my headphones (Hybrid canalphones, actually) I can detect
down to around 10hz, anything lower is inaudible. I designed my
headphone amp with a ~15hz corner frequency high pass in it's input
stage (AC coupling, to get rid of any DC bias before feeding the signal
to the op-amp)

It sounds beautiful, very rich tones.

There is something about a big pipe organ with extremely low registers.
Occasionally at church they'll pull what I think is the 16' stop, and it
sounds incredible, there's something about that deep rumble the big
pipes put out...

--
~Mike