POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Darren New
Date: 2 May 2010 14:25:42
Message: <4bddc3a6$1@news.povray.org>

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment04/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probable_cause

>   Don't confuse what *I* am proposing with whatever laws they are proposing
> in those states in the US. I don't know what exactly they are proposing there,
> nor am I explicitly advocating those laws.

They're proposing to disregard the probable cause requirements for arresting
someone.

>   Well, I suppose it could. It's basically a lose-lose situation. You can't
> win. Either you get many criminals go free which would otherwise be caught
> of more efficient measures were taken, or you anger people.

Nobody is against catching the criminals. We already have laws for catching
illegal immigrants that aren't being enforced.

>> - will increase racial tension
>
>   I really think people are way too sensitive about what they perceive as
> "racism". Well, I suppose there's no helping that.
>
>> For these and a number of other reasons legislators all over the world
>> have decided it is not a good idea and made it illegal.
>
>   Make what illegal, exactly?

Randomly stopping people and asking them to prove their innocence.

>   As I said, it's a lose-lose situation.

Only if you take it to extremes.

Consider driving. Do you want police randomly pulling you over because you
have long hair, or you're driving a red car? After all, a majority of
traffic tickets go to people in red cars.

No. You want the cop to wait until he sees you do something wrong before he
stops you, yes?  You don't want him stopping you just because you drive a
particular color car, or you're wearing a particular kind of clothing, right?

Note that your ancestry hasn't anything to do with whether you're in the
country legally. It's exactly as relevant to whether you're an illegal
immigrant as what color car you drive is to whether you're breaking the
speed limit.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)