POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 2 May 2010 02:44:33
Message: <4bdd1f51@news.povray.org>
andrel <byt### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> What you are proposing
> - is not effective

  What do you suggest which would be more effective?

> - will violate rights of legal citizens

  Wait, exactly what am I proposing here that would "violate rights of
legal citizens"?

  Don't confuse what *I* am proposing with whatever laws they are proposing
in those states in the US. I don't know what exactly they are proposing there,
nor am I explicitly advocating those laws.

  I am simply arguing that extreme one-sided political correctness *can* be
too naive to be practical. Sometimes innocent people have to endure some
scrutiny (and even profiling) if criminals are to be caught.

> - will harm trust in the police and the juridical system

  Well, I suppose it could. It's basically a lose-lose situation. You can't
win. Either you get many criminals go free which would otherwise be caught
of more efficient measures were taken, or you anger people.

> - will increase racial tension

  I really think people are way too sensitive about what they perceive as
"racism". Well, I suppose there's no helping that.

> For these and a number of other reasons legislators all over the world
> have decided it is not a good idea and made it illegal.

  Make what illegal, exactly? You seem to use the word "it" to refer to
something I have proposed. What exactly?

> Although it
> seems a good idea at first sight, if you think a little longer you will
> understand why it will destabilize the society more than it solves
> illegal immigration.

  As I said, it's a lose-lose situation.

--
                                                          - Warp