POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Darren New
Date: 2 May 2010 02:34:44
Message: <4bdd1d04$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It still sounds to me like "the police should stop checking primarily
> Mexican-looking people because it's racism and it offends them".

If the primary illegal immigrants look Mexican, then the majority of people
doing something that raises suspicion that they're illegal immigrants will
be primarily Mexican.

Not being prejudiced about it doesn't make it more lenient.

Analogy: If Mexicans are the primary drunk drivers, pulling over mexicans at
random is not going to reduce drunk driving as much as pulling over people
who are driving erratically. Even if the majority of the people you stop
wind up being Mexican, there's no reason to pull over Mexican drivers
driving safely to see if they're drunk.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)