POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Stephen
Date: 1 May 2010 17:28:57
Message: <4bdc9d19@news.povray.org>
On 01/05/2010 9:37 PM, Warp wrote:
> Stephen<mca### [at] aoldotcom>  wrote:
>>>     People really love to nitpick on my choice of words there, don't they?
>>>

>> Yes.
>
>>>     How about trying to understand what I*mean*  for a chance? It's not that
>>> hard.
>>>

>> But we do understand what you mean ;-)
>
>    So it *is* intentional nitpicking? What for?

No, not intentional nitpicking.
What for, cause you don't understand what I mean, when I've explained it.

>>>     Exactly what is ill informed and stupid?
>>>

>> You are still young and don???t have the experience of different cultures
>> and societies. So your viewpoint is limited by comparison.
>
>    I'm scratching my head here. Does experience of different cultures and
> societies somehow lead to the opinion that law enforcement should be made
> more lenient when dealing with illegal immigration?
>
>    Let me ask you a few questions:
>
> 1) Do you agree that it's unfeasible for a country to open its borders
>     completely so that anybody can immigrate without any limits, and thus
>     immigration laws are a necessity?

Yes.

> 2) If yes, do you agree that entering a country without permission is a
>     crime?

Yes.

> 3) If yes, do you agree that criminals should be arrested and the proper
>     punishment applied, such as returning the illegal immigrant to his
>     country of origin?

Maybe, maybe not.

> 4) Do you agree that police forces have quite limited resources (most of
>     which comes from taxpayers' money), and that those resources should be
>     used as efficiently as possible, rather than wasted on useless pursuits?

Yes, mostly.

>    If you answered yes to all those questions, then what exactly is it that
> you are disagreeing with? That's all I am arguing here.

The proposition that humans should behave as machines without any sense
of judgment, compassion or taking circumstances into consideration.
Heaven help us if we all got our just deserts.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen