POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Darren New
Date: 1 May 2010 16:48:58
Message: <4bdc93ba$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> We are talking about America here where everyone looks different from
>> the natives.
>
>   People really love to nitpick on my choice of words there, don't they?

We understand what you mean. Everybody looks different.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg

In places where they're worried about this law, Mexican *is* the majority race.

>   All I'm saying is that for practical reasons countries cannot open their
> borders. Immigration laws are a necessity. And illegal immigration is a big
> business. This illegal human trafficking business is not helped by the
> people who want to reward them for success.

Yes.

>   I would say that people who shout "racial profiling! racism!" when the
> police concentrate their resources on the most probably susptects are ill
> informed and stupid, who are doing more harm than good.

The trick is to make sure they're suspects before you hassle them. If
someone said "you have to have a reason to think they might be illegal
immigrants" before you would arrest them, then people wouldn't be
complaining. But that's not how it's working.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)