POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 1 May 2010 16:37:21
Message: <4bdc9101@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aoldotcom> wrote:
> >    People really love to nitpick on my choice of words there, don't they?
> >

> Yes.

> >    How about trying to understand what I*mean*  for a chance? It's not that
> > hard.
> >

> But we do understand what you mean ;-)

  So it *is* intentional nitpicking? What for?

> >    Exactly what is ill informed and stupid?
> >

> You are still young and don???t have the experience of different cultures
> and societies. So your viewpoint is limited by comparison.

  I'm scratching my head here. Does experience of different cultures and
societies somehow lead to the opinion that law enforcement should be made
more lenient when dealing with illegal immigration?

  Let me ask you a few questions:

1) Do you agree that it's unfeasible for a country to open its borders
   completely so that anybody can immigrate without any limits, and thus
   immigration laws are a necessity?

2) If yes, do you agree that entering a country without permission is a
   crime?

3) If yes, do you agree that criminals should be arrested and the proper
   punishment applied, such as returning the illegal immigrant to his
   country of origin?

4) Do you agree that police forces have quite limited resources (most of
   which comes from taxpayers' money), and that those resources should be
   used as efficiently as possible, rather than wasted on useless pursuits?

  If you answered yes to all those questions, then what exactly is it that
you are disagreeing with? That's all I am arguing here.

--
                                                          - Warp