POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Darren New
Date: 1 May 2010 16:34:28
Message: <4bdc9054$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> I don't think that this is what Darren was saying, but rather that the
>>> Arizona law opens the potential for someone who *is* a legal citizen but
>>> isn't carrying their papers on them to be deported.
>
>> No. I'm saying that some people want to pass a law to deport someone who
>> *is* a legal citizen and who *is* carrying their passport to be deported
>> because they were born of illegal immigrants.
>
>   If someone commits a crime which is so serious to deserve tens of years
> of prison, it might, in fact, be more practical if he was thrown out of
> the country because that would become cheaper.

I'm not following what your point is. The people they're talking about
throwing out haven't committed any crimes.

> so where are you going to deport him to?

That's exactly my point.  Even assuming someone *did* commit a crime, which
they didn't in this case, but assuming they did, there's nowhere to deport
him to.

> because the reasons of him being a refugee are not acceptable (namely, he
> was kicked out of his own country because of a serious crime he committed).

Except in this case, the person wasn't a criminal.

> If country A started dumping its own criminal citizens to country B, which
> has its own immigration laws and policies, it would probably cause a political
> conflict.

I think we call that Australia. ;-)

>   A cynic could say "the government granted him citizenship, the government
> is stuck with him, so it just has to suck it up".

In this case, the government didn't "grant" him citizenship. He was born
here, making him a citizen automatically from birth.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)