POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 1 May 2010 15:51:07
Message: <4bdc862b@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aoldotcom> wrote:
> If you allow the police to stop and question people just because they
> look different then you are stacking up a lot of trouble, both for the
> police and the authorities. The minorities start to look on both as
> enemies, even respectable citizens do that.

  On the other hand, if authorities are not allowed to question people
based on typical illegal immigration profiles, we end up with a system
where illegal immigration becomes worthwile for the illegals: If you
manage to get inside the borders of the country, you are pretty much on
clear waters. Once inside, it's unlikely you will ever be kicked out.

  This becomes a profitable business for human trafficking: There are
people who specialize in getting people inside the country. For profit,
of course. The illegal immigrants pay these people money, and these people
try to get them inside the country. If the country in question is lenient
on upholding its immigration laws, this becomes very worthwile and profitable.

  As the word spreads, this only increases illegal immigration, and these
human traffickers are getting millions in profit. In illegal money.

  For the illegal immigrants it all becomes a game of chance: If you get
lucky (or you have enough money), you might get inside the country, after
which you are pretty much safe. If you are unlucky or for other reasons
cannot get there (eg. because of age, illness, poverty or social status),
then you are stuck.

  In other words, this country, with its lenient upholding of immigration
laws, is *rewarding* illegal immigration. If you succeed, you get to stay,
but if you are too old, sick or poor to get inside, or just unlucky, tough
luck.

  And at the same time those human traffickers are getting rich.

> >It still
> > doesn't change the fact that immigrants typically tend to look distinctively
> > different from natives.

> We are talking about America here where everyone looks different from
> the natives.

  People really love to nitpick on my choice of words there, don't they?

  How about trying to understand what I *mean* for a chance? It's not that
hard.

> >    You can call it racism if you want. That will not change the facts.

> I wouldn???t call it racism since it is you but I would call it ill
> informed and stupid.

  Exactly what is ill informed and stupid?

  All I'm saying is that for practical reasons countries cannot open their
borders. Immigration laws are a necessity. And illegal immigration is a big
business. This illegal human trafficking business is not helped by the
people who want to reward them for success.

  I would say that people who shout "racial profiling! racism!" when the
police concentrate their resources on the most probably susptects are ill
informed and stupid, who are doing more harm than good.

--
                                                          - Warp