POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Stephen
Date: 1 May 2010 15:30:12
Message: <4bdc8144@news.povray.org>
On 01/05/2010 6:51 PM, Warp wrote:

>> Obviously Finland does not have a large immigrant population, about 1%
>> excluding Finnish Swedes as far as I can make out.
>
>    3%. But I don't understand what that has to do with anything.

Well, let me enlighten you.
If you allow the police to stop and question people just because they
look different then you are stacking up a lot of trouble, both for the
police and the authorities. The minorities start to look on both as
enemies, even respectable citizens do that.
In Britain we have had a lot of immigration from the West Indies and the
sub- continent for the last 60 years. Some of the black Britons here are
third generation British. (Actually we have had people of African
descent here for over 300 years. Most of the early ones have blended
into the population by now.) When the police used their Stop and Search
powers to target the black and Asian population, race riots occurred in
1980 and 81 and the SUS law was dropped.
It is wrong.

>It still
> doesn't change the fact that immigrants typically tend to look distinctively
> different from natives.

We are talking about America here where everyone looks different from
the natives.

>    You can call it racism if you want. That will not change the facts.

informed and stupid.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen