POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Darren New
Date: 1 May 2010 14:18:59
Message: <4bdc7093$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   3%. But I don't understand what that has to do with anything. It still
> doesn't change the fact that immigrants typically tend to look distinctively
> different from natives.

In *your* country, maybe. In the USA, *everyone* looks like an immigrant.

>   I'm pretty sure that a significant percentage of illegal immigrants in
> the US can be distinguished by their looks.

No. A lot of *legal* immigrants might be distinguished by their looks.

Even so, given it's possible that someone is a legal citizen and also a
child of illegal immigrants, you can't distinguish someone by their looks.

>   You can call it racism if you want. That will not change the facts.

People aren't worried about harassing the illegal immigrants unnecessarily.
They're worried about harassing the legal citizens and residents unnecessarily.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)