POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Darren New
Date: 1 May 2010 14:09:13
Message: <4bdc6e49$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> The same principle applies here to the immigration law.  If you don't
> want your children to suffer the indirect consequences of your
> lawbreaking, then don't break the law.

You miss my point. Where would you deport them to?

> Believe it or not, there is no basic right to remain in the country.

I think you'll find that there is such a right for *citizens.*

> you are here in violation of our laws, you must go.

And what law did the children break?

> The fact that your children are lawfully here does not alter this.

You've missed the point. They want to make it such that your children are
*not* lawfully here.

 > You have no lawful recourse but to leave.

Sure.

> You can take your kids with you or you can leave them behind.

You're missing the point. The nutcases want to send the children out also.
It's not up to the parents whether to take the children. They're talking
about deporting the children who *are* legal US citizens who never broke the
law.

Sure, it

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)