POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 May 2010 12:36:50
Message: <4bdc58a2@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 01 May 2010 11:48:15 -0400, John VanSickle wrote:

> You can take your kids with you or you can leave them behind.  Sure, it
> is not their fault that you broke the law, but if that didn't stop you
> from breaking the law, why should it stop us from enforcing it?

I don't think that this is what Darren was saying, but rather that the
Arizona law opens the potential for someone who *is* a legal citizen but
isn't carrying their papers on them to be deported.  But the idea behind
deporting someone to their country of origin is not valid when their
country of origin *is* in fact the US.

Jim