POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 1 May 2010 11:48:40
Message: <4bdc4d58$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> They would hear your English accent and immediately have you arrested,
>> then probably deported to Mexico
>
> That's about right, considering they're talking about deporting actual
> US citizens born of illegal immigrants.  I have to wonder where they
> think they'd deport them to.

If a man is the sole source of support for his family, and he commits a
crime punishable by prison, the fact that he has a family to support may
be taken into account in his sentencing, but the court may lawfully
sentence to prison anyway.  That his family is consequently deprived of
their support is regarded as the fault of that man, and not that of the
court or the law.

The same principle applies here to the immigration law.  If you don't
want your children to suffer the indirect consequences of your
lawbreaking, then don't break the law.

Believe it or not, there is no basic right to remain in the country.  If
you are here in violation of our laws, you must go.  The fact that your
children are lawfully here does not alter this.  You have no lawful
recourse but to leave.

You can take your kids with you or you can leave them behind.  Sure, it
is not their fault that you broke the law, but if that didn't stop you
from breaking the law, why should it stop us from enforcing it?

Regards,
John