POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 1 May 2010 11:30:20
Message: <4bdc490c@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:

>>> Emigrate.
>>
>> ROFL
>>
> Just don't do so to Arizona. They would hear your English accent and
> immediately have you arrested, then probably deported to Mexico (I don't
> credit these idiots imagining that anyone in the country illegally
> *might* come from some place other than Mexico...). lol

I'm not quite ready to chalk up the Arizona laws to pure racism.

The notion that any nation must permit any person to immigrate is simply
nuts, and does not appear to be the operating principle of any nation on
earth.  Mexico's immigration laws, in particular, make even the new
Arizona law seem quite relaxed in comparison.  In light of this, I'd say
that the Mexican government "doth protest too much" on the issue of the
new Arizona law.

Regards,
John