POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 1 May 2010 02:13:10
Message: <4bdbc676@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> Just don't do so to Arizona. They would hear your English accent and
> immediately have you arrested, then probably deported to Mexico (I don't
> credit these idiots imagining that anyone in the country illegally
> *might* come from some place other than Mexico...). lol

  I have heard some stories how, especially nowadays, people at customs in
the US can sometimes be really prickly with people who are trying to get
into the country, even tourists.

  A married couple, friends of mine, were trying to visit the US (they had
done so many times before). He had dual US/Finnish citizenship because of
his parents, and they were going to visit his family. His wife had only
Finnish citizenship.

  I didn't know that Finns were such a huge illegal immigration problem in
the US (</sarcasm>) because the person at customs happened to be a real
a**hole. There was some minor problem with her papers (I don't remember
if it was the visa or the passport or something), and they spent literally
*hours* in customs at the airport trying to solve the problem. The husband
would have had no problem entering (being a citizen and all), but his wife
couldn't.

  After many hours the shift of this customs person ended and a new person
came in his stead. He checked the papers a few seconds and cleared them to
enter the country.

--
                                                          - Warp