POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Doctor John
Date: 30 Apr 2010 07:28:46
Message: <4bdabeee@news.povray.org>
So, we're now only a week from knowing which bunch of idiots are going to
govern us this time round ... or not, if we end up with a hung parliament as
seems possible.
Here in my constituency we have 9 candidates to choose from and for the
record they are:
Mad Cap'n Tom   	Independent
Derek Chase 		Green
Dennis Delderfield 	Independent
Mark Field 		Conservative
Jack Nunn 		Pirate Party UK
Frank Roseman 		English Democrats
David Rowntree 		Labour
Naomi Smith 		Liberal Democrat
Paul Weston 		UK Independence Party

The top three will of course be Mark Field, Naomi Smith and David Rowntree
but apart from Mark Field who has sent me four electoral communications the
rest of them seem to be doing very little to get my vote.

David Rowntree (the drummer from Blur) is on record as saying "I'm not a
betting man, but if I was I wouldn't put any money on me". His lack of
confidence is amazing. Or maybe he's being realistic, Westminster has
consistently returned a Conservative MP.

Naomi Smith sent me a single communication which told me in great detail
what a nice person she is but absolutely b*gg*r all about what she intends
to do if elected. So, she wants my vote but I'll just have to trust her to
do the right thing. Sorry, dear, maybe next time ;-)

I'm split between Mad Cap'n Tom (I signed his registration for candidacy)
and Jack Nunn (anti-DRM, pro file-sharing). They're both extremely unlikely
to poll more than a handful of votes but I could do with a laugh (in the
case of Tom) and I am passionate in my support of free data exchange and the
Digital Economy Bill is so flawed that it needs to repealed instantly.

Anybody got any better suggestions?

John
--
Cogito sum,|| wbu### [at] tznvypbz (rot'ed) || GPG Key Fingerprint:
ergo sum,  ||   These opinions are mine alone,   || 0D9BCF4CF1B71CA2F5F7