POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sneakernet : Re: Sneakernet Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sneakernet
From: scott
Date: 30 Apr 2010 03:10:19
Message: <4bda825b$1@news.povray.org>
> What you get depends on where you live. If you live in a city, perferably
> in the heart of a large city, then you are right. If you happen to live in
> the outskirts, no chance.

I guess Munich just has good support in the outskirts too.  Now I live 30 km
from the centre and get 6 Mbit/s (not sure if this is the limit of my line,
my plan/modem is max 6 mbit/s).  According to this map of where VDSL is
available:

http://entertain.eki.t-home.de/hilfe-und-service/verfuegbarkeit-vdsl-ausbaustatus/

most of the towns/suburbs around me have VDSL but I don't :-(  It looks to
me like pretty much the entire population of Munich itself is covered by
VDSL, and a lot of the towns/villages surrounding it.

But like you say, I guess you need to live in or near a large city to get it
currently.