POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Memory crash under Debian Sidux : Memory crash under Debian Sidux Server Time
9 May 2024 23:48:34 EDT (-0400)
  Memory crash under Debian Sidux
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 30 Apr 2010 02:08:32
Message: <4bda73e0$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Recently, I tried to render a mesh2 generated from an image file 1200 x
1200 pixels large. After reading in all color values (using
eval_pigment()), POV-Ray crashed... as the same thing occurred when I
tried it on my second computer running Windows, I drew the conclusion
that 1.5 gigabytes of RAM is not enough for such a huge mesh. Is there a
way to configure swap memory usage with POV-Ray 3.6 for Linux? Or could
it be that my swap partition (currently 2 gigabytes) is too small?

Smaller meshes like the 800 x 400 ones from my Solar System project
parse and render without problems... seems that I need at least 7
gigabytes... can this be true? I wonder that mesh2 objects are that much
RAM-consuming!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: The Politics Of Dancing (Re-Flex)

Yadgar