POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Apr 2010 20:58:17
Message: <4bda2b29$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:53:58 -0700, Neeum Zawan wrote:

> On 04/29/10 12:12, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Yeah, the only reason I haven't moved to cable from my DSL is that I
>> would have to deal with Comcast, and they have some (IMHO) stupid ideas
>> about 'net neutrality' and what "unlimited" means.
>
> 	I think they lost the battle for unlimited (as in it is currently
> unlimited). The recent ruling on net neutrality bodes ill - but what
> makes you sure DSL won't change in the future?

Nothing makes me sure, just that my current situation is one I can live
with.  If the circumstances change, then I'll change at my earliest
opportunity.  If they want to keep me as a customer, they won't mess with
it.

> 	Me? I hate contracts.

Same here.  My DSL modem died and to get a replacement provided, I had to
agree to another year of service.  Of course, that was more than a year
ago so now it's a moot point, but at the time, I was annoyed because it
was *their* hardware and not mine, so basically my choice was to drop
them or sign up for another year (or buy my own DSL modem and be even
more unsupported than I am now).

Jim