POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web-based access to SQL database : Re: Web-based access to SQL database Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web-based access to SQL database
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Apr 2010 12:40:19
Message: <4bd9b673$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Robustness is probably paramount. Database is likely to be MySQL; web
> server will probably be that ugly Microsoft thing (running on Windows of
> course), but easy portability to Apache on Linux would be a great
> benefit.

You might want to peek at ASP.NET (and mono) to see if it'll do what you
want. I don't know how good their mysql support is, but IIRC it's not terrible.

If you're interfacing with lots of other libraries and/or servers, PHP is
probably the way to go, unfortunately.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)