POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spectrum : Re: Spectrum Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectrum
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Apr 2010 11:03:29
Message: <4bd99fc1$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Do you think it only *looks* 'shopped, or do think it actually *is* 'shopped?
>>> I thought it looked as one would expect it to, personally.
>> I'm rather surprised that it's a real effect. I thought it only happens
>> in Hollywood action films. But, apparently, it's real. Even if it does
>> look hard to believe...
>
> Nah, hollywood only tends to do it in 2 dimensions, a ring-shaped wave (which I
> believe you can get on water surfaces etc, but that's not what I've seen in
> movies!). They also make it too prominent and slow-moving. I'm more inclined to
> believe the slo-mo because it is spherical, very fast, and fades very rapidly.
> Although of course it might be 'shopped!

Well, on the example I say, it wasn't spherical at all. The shockwave
seemed to propogate more quickly along the ground (presumably because
it's a hard surface?), and was vaguely cylindrical like the tower they
detonated.

Then there was the smoke cloud reigniting briefly as it escaped the
shockwave area, "due to the extra oxygen"...