POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 29 Apr 2010 08:06:24
Message: <4bd97640$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/28/2010 8:44 AM, Invisible wrote:

> It is utterly baffling to me that this is possible. In my experience,
> YouTube on its own is very unreliable. At certain times of day it's just
> unusuable, while at other times it's just about stable. (I guess this is
> probably due more to server load than end-user bandwidth though.)

For a while I was severely annoyed with Youtube, it seemed like no
matter what, you'd get huge delays and it would take forever to stream.
The thing with video sharing services like that is that it's really
dependent on the source material. e.g. If the source material is
compressed beyond reason, then it'll look like crap, no matter what.
I've seen some videos on Youtube that look beautiful, but I've also seen
videos on Youtube where I couldn't exactly tell what I was looking at.

With Netflix, at least the source is of good quality, so you get decent
quality video.

--
~Mike