POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: scott
Date: 29 Apr 2010 04:13:41
Message: <4bd93fb5$1@news.povray.org>
> BBC iPlayer I've actually used. The quality is not even close to what you
> see on TV.

What bandwidth did you have available at the time?

Try this page to check:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics

After it's done the tests it tells you which services you can get in
realtime.  I've never used it, but I assume there are options for HD (3500
kbps), and various bandwidth versions for SDTV.  The top SDTV one is 1500
kbps, that should almost be broadcast quality.