POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frustration : Re: Frustration Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frustration
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 28 Apr 2010 23:34:17
Message: <4bd8fe39$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/28/2010 6:49 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>
>> set trans = CreateObject("NameTranslate")
>> trans.Init 3, ""
>> trans.Set 3, "domain\user"
>> set name = trans.Get(1)
>> WScript.Echo name
>>
>> Only trouble is... it doesn't work.
>
> Oh my god.
>
> Apparently you have to delete the word "set" on line 4. And then it
> works perfectly. WTF?

As a rule, the word "set" is almost **never** used in VB, at all. I
think there may be some obscure cases where you may use it, but, in
general, its little more than a hold over from ages past, when it was
mandatory. It hasn't been in most BASICs for... at least DOS1.0, maybe?

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();