POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug? (Or am I not seeing something obvious) : Re: Is this a bug? (Or am I not seeing something obvious) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug? (Or am I not seeing something obvious)
From: clipka
Date: 28 Apr 2010 12:45:36
Message: <4bd86630$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.04.2010 18:58, schrieb Anthony D. Baye:

> Given the following code, theta should contain the angle between cV and rV.
>
> Following a series of manipulations to _cD_ and _cP_,
> _cD_ = 120 and
> _cP_ =<-4, 3, 0>
> this means that mag_rV = 5
> and the angle between cV and rV should be 180 degrees.

Um... do you have any reasoning /why/ that angle should happen to be 180
degrees?

Likewise, are you sure that _cP_ /is/ <-4,3,0> in the first place? From
what I see, you're only printing the integer part of any value to the
debug output, which is not too helpful when trying to debug
floating-point math.

(Also note that there exists a special function, vstr(), to convert a
vector to a string.)