POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Load/Save Question : Re: Radiosity Load/Save Question Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:53:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Load/Save Question
From: clipka
Date: 28 Apr 2010 06:37:20
Message: <4bd80fe0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.04.2010 10:51, schrieb Kenneth:

> BTW, in v3.6.1 on Windows, when radiosity is used, it seems that a rad file(?)
> is saved to disc even when it isn't asked to be. (The file has the extension
> ..rca with the scene's default file name.) Has this been corrected? (When
> *purposely* saving a rad file, the file shows up without the .rca extension.)

That's a temporary file that is deleted after a successful render, but
left on disk if you abort, to be loaded automatically when you continue
the aborted render, so that the radiosity cache data doesn't get lost.

> Also, when purposely saving a rad file in v3.7 or the betas, does a file type
> need to be added to the file name? As in, save_file "my_rad_file.*something*? In
> v3.6, it didn't seem to be necessary, but the docs have always been unclear
> about this.

File extension doesn't matter. ".rca" would be the default, but you can
use anything you like (including no extension at all).