POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 changes to file gamma? : Re: Beta 37 changes to file gamma? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:51:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 changes to file gamma?
From: clipka
Date: 27 Apr 2010 17:56:57
Message: <4bd75da9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.04.2010 23:39, schrieb Quietman:

> Just trying out beta 37 of povray and all output files are over bright
> compared with earlier versions.

At present I can't rule out that I might have broken something with
change #4932.

I'll try to recreate your scenario to see what's happening. Are using
assumed_gamma? If so, what value it is set to?

BTW, regardless of whether this is a bug or not, be advised that
File_Gamma=1 is not a good idea if you intend to share generated image
files; and are you sure that your display subsystem does indeed have an
overall gamma of 1.0 as indicated by Display_Gamma?