POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another day, another failure : Re: Another day, another failure Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another day, another failure
From: clipka
Date: 27 Apr 2010 11:30:05
Message: <4bd702fd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.04.2010 16:21, schrieb Invisible:
> ...several hours later...
>
> Decide how many frames you want to render. Time how long it takes to
> render one frame. Draw a line from the render time to the frame count.
> Where that line intersects the center axis, that's what the total render
> time will be.
>
> Man, that was *far* too much work! I need to find a much better way to
> code this. The code is a total mess! >_<

How about something as simple as:

- Decide how many frames you want to render.
- Time how many seconds it takes to render one frame.
- Using an ordinary pocket calculator, multiply the frame number by the
single-frame rendering time in seconds.
- The result will be the estimated total rendering time of the whole
animation in seconds.
- Divide by 3600 to get the total rendering time in hours.
- If the number is still too big to comprehend, divide again by 24 to
get the total rendering time in days.

Just a suggestion though. Experienced people may want to use a slide
ruler, abacus, pen & paper or their bare head instead.