POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Overpriced HDMI cables : Re: Overpriced HDMI cables Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overpriced HDMI cables
From: scott
Date: 27 Apr 2010 08:27:52
Message: <4bd6d848$1@news.povray.org>
>  Did someone here mention that they don't understand why there can be a
> huge difference in HDMI cable prices? Seems like he's not the only one:
>
> http://www.mint.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/TheRipHDMI3.jpg

Funnily enough I experienced exactly the sort of problem most people say
"cannot happen" today.

I got a cheap HDMI cable for the TV in our meeting room (before I had a
HDMI->DVI cable and a DVI->HDMI converter).  I tested it with my laptop by
plugging it into the TV and it worked perfectly right up to 1080p60
resolution, so I routed the cable down behind the TV and up into the desk
along with the other cables.  Today I try to use it for the first time and
whilst in 1080p60 mode the display flashes off (just for one frame?) every
few seconds - highly annoying.  So I change down to 720p60 and it works
flawlessly.  1080p24 also works flawlessly, I change back to 1080p60 and the
TV now says "bad signal".

Maybe if I re-route the HDMI cable away from the other network/power cables
it will work...