POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Apr 2010 18:14:49
Message: <4bd61059@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:49:52 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:20:26 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>
>>> As I say, everybody's shouting about 2x the resolution as if it's some
>>> big deal or something.
>>>
>>> Now, if it was 10x the resolution, that would seem more impressive...
>>
>> It is actually a big deal when you have a big screen.  Our 16:9
>> projection screen measures 106" diagonally, and there is a *huge*
>> improvement between SD and HD on it.
>
> Heh. And my brother has his stuff all hooked up to a projector giving
> him a 9 foot diagonal picture. Pretty cool to play video game football
> when the players are literally larger than life size.

With our sound system, it's just like going to the cinema - except we can
pause to get more popcorn.  And don't have the crying babies that some
parents bring with because they can't get a sitter.

Oh, and our floor isn't sticky. :-)

On the downside, had to replace the bulb in the projector last weekend.
Had a spare on hand, but those bulbs are not cheap. :-/

But yeah, our PS3 is connected to it, so I end up playing the occasional
game on that screen.  It's really nice - even my wife likes it, and she
initially thought the idea was ridiculous, but she now admits freely that
it was a good idea. :-)

Jim